I have experienced this issue several times on different farms. After some manipulations with the workflow using SharePoint Designer or a web browser, occasionally, it started to be impossible to open published workflow. The others workflows continued to work as expected, whereas when I tried to open the one that started to misbehave it showed the following error message “Failed to load the workflow definition for the workflow”.
Several days ago I finally moved my blog to a new domain. Now its main location is http://sp2013.pro. Old domain (http://sp2013-blog.com) and old direct links will be either accessible for about a year, but it is better to update bookmarks even now.
I have prepared quite a few interesting posts, but for a while they are only in my mind and in some pieces of code. 🙂 I hope I’ll find some time to publish them soon. So, stay tuned!
Yesterday I stumbled into an issue. My custom task outcome of SPD 2013 workflow stopped to function properly. It set to default value regardless of the Task Outcome I set programmaticaly in my custom ASP.NET task form.
My task settings looked as follows:
But when I pressed “Reject” or “Approve” button in my form, my ApprovalOutcome variable set to “Approved”. When I changed Default Outcome to “Rejected” this variable set to “Rejected” regardless of pressed button.